Hello blog followers and readers… How are y’all doing today and how has December treated you so far;)☺
Without further ado, I shall be sharing with you some life lessons from Toke Makinwa’s Book: “On Becoming”.
For those who do not know Toke, she is a media personality in Nigeria and she recently launched a Book in which she shared her true life story and travails in her relationship/marriage to Maje Akida.
Life lessons from “On Becoming”
1. Malice is evil ( even the bible kicks against it)
In the Book, it was revealed that Toke’s parents died as a result of a fire outbreak which could have been avoided if Grace And Ruth were not keeping Malice with each other.
Apparently, the two maids took shifts on weekends and one was aware the gas cylinder in the kitchen was leaking and the other wasn’t aware. Due to the fact that they were not on talking terms, Grace did not inform Ruth about the leak when she resumed work the following Monday.
Ruth, unaware of the danger, put on the gas cylinder and tried to Light the cooker….
2. Where you meet your spouse matters a lot
3. You are in a relationship with a guy and you find out he cheats (not once, not twice, not even three times)… My dear, move on and end that relationship because it won’t work out 😎
4. Self-love is key, you need to love yourself before loving someone else.
5. Always follow/listen to your instincts.
6. When it comes to matters of the heart or anything you are skeptical/unsure about, seek the mind of God.
7. Never dwell on the past.
8. A marriage built on lies, suspicion, distrust can never stand the test of time.
9. Do not marry a man because of his money or Probably because you think/feel he can guarantee you financial stability.
10. Read less romance novels; there is no perfect guy either is there any such thing as a fairytale life.
11. Do not impose marriage on any guy with the hope that he would change after getting married to you.
12. When in a relationship, and your partner refuses to show you off to his friends/family, be sure that something is up.
13. Do not stay with a man that Obviously doesn’t want anything to do with you as regards marriage… I read in the Book that Maje disappointed Toke three times! They would pick a date to go to the registry and he would call it off.
14. This phrase – “you are the wife, she is the girlfriend” is stale already! Do not fall for it.
15. Lastly, two wrongs don’t make a right ; forgive And move on!
And that’s all on my life lessons from “On Becoming”
P.S- I am not taking sides… Ain’t supporting nobody here, or blaming the other! It takes two people to make a relationship/marriage succeed (two people are involved)
Thanks for stopping by the blog today!
Have you read this book? What are your thoughts on this “must tell”?
Be sure to leave your comments in the comment section below 👇👇👇
I was lucky to have this book sent to me by Alex of nappyhaired.com
So, in the spirit of christmas, if you would love to read this book, drop your email address in the comment section to have this book sent to you via email.
Till next time,
Xoxo: Blairsyn ✌✋