Hello guys… What’s popping? How is your Tuesday going! Great, I guess?
Today’s post is on plantain chips…
My mum went to the market and she bought a bunch of unripe plantain.
I taught to myself, rather than sit back and wait for these “babies” to get ripe, why not just make chips out of them…
So, my sister and I got down to business!
Things you need
* unripe plantain
* potato/plantain slicer(as pictured below👇)
* salt, granulated sugar, little water and grinded pepper (optional)
* groundnut / vegetable oil to fry
* frying pan
1. Take off the peels from the plantain
2. Rinse and place in a bowl
3. Slice with your cutter (as shown below👇)
This is what they should look like when you are done slicing! :mrgreen:👇
4. Add your salt, sugar, grinded pepper and few drops of water ( this will help in allowing the ingredients to penetrate into the plantain)
5. Place in a sieve ( to drain out the water)
6. Deep fry your “babies” 😂
7. Allow to cool, then serve…
And that’s all on homemade plantain chips…
I hope you enjoyed it? Have you tried making plantain chips before? If you haven’t, is this something you are willing to try out?
Be sure to leave your comments in the comment section below👇👇👇👇